Friday, January 05, 2007

I NEED HELP!!

I need some help!!! Abby has decided she does not want to eat anymore baby food. She will not even let me get the spoon anwhere near her face. I have only been able to get small amounts of big people food in her. She has been very picky with what she will eat. So basically for the last week she hasn't eaten any food. I am still nursing so she is getting some food. If anybody has any suggestions I would really appreciate them.
My second issue is I HAVE NOT SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT FOR TEN MONTHS!!! I am really tired and the eating thing is not helping because she is hungry. She gets up about two times a night to eat and then she will go back to sleep. This happens five out of seven nights...the other two nights she gets up about four to five times and is just really upset. She goes to bed without any problems it usually only takes 10 minutes max to get her down. If anybody has any ideas I would really appreciate them.
THANKS!! Sleep deprived mommy of a hungry baby.

3 comments:

The Segrest Family said...

oh barrie... im going to email you instead of writing a book on this post...

JWhite said...

1. get her some big people food she can pick up w her hands (gerber pasta, etc)

2. take her to the doc and make sure everything is fine and ask about her eating routine

3. if the doc says she is fine, let her cry if she wakes up at night even if she is hungry (she is plenty big enough to wait a few hours to eat)

4. Get some sleep!

Barrie Shoaf said...

thanks so much for the advice!!